Innovation durch Rezeption
Philosophie in der Renaissance
(lecture series in winter 2002/2003)
In winter 2002/2003 we have the honour and the pleasure to organise the lecture series of the Munich university philosophy department. The lectures will deal with "Innovation by Reception: Renaissance Philosophy". You are cordially invited to all of these lectures!
The following persons kindly agreed to give a talk:
- Kurt Flasch (Mainz): Über einige Sätze des Nikolaus von Kues [2002-10-28]
- Charles Lohr (Freiburg): "Ars" und "Scientia" im Verständnis der Renaissance [2002-11-04]
- Fosca Mariani Zini (Lille): Lorenzo Valla und die Dialektik [2002-11-11]
- Peter Mack (Warwick): Rhetoric and Logic in the 16th century [2002-11-18]
- Martin Mulsow (Princeton): Mensch und Übermensch in der Renaissance [ 2002-11-25]
- Cees Leijenhorst (Nijmegen): Thomas Hobbes und die Naturphilosophie der Renaissance: Innovation oder Rezeption [2002-12-02]
- Michael Allen (Los Angeles): Renaissance Platonism and its Heresies [2002-12-16]
- Hikki Mikkeli (Helsinki): Jacopo Zabarella and the contexts of late 16th-century Aristotelian natural philosophy [2003-01-13]
- Gregorio Piaia (Padua): Ein charakteristischer Fall von "Innovation durch Rezeption": die Utopia des Thomas Morus [2003-01-20]
- Letizia Panizza (London): Valla against Petrarch on the Senses, Emotions and the Body: Innovation in Anthropology [2003-01-27]
- Attention: the following event had to be cancelled: Various Munich participants: Panel discussion about renaissance philosophy [2003-02-03] Sorry: this event had to be cancelled!
You can attend these lectures in lecture hall 209 in the Munich university main building (Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1)
As you'll note: we invited only "external" persons as speakers in this series of lectures. We intended it to serve as an additional enrichment of our normal "menue" of lectures, seminars and other courses on renaissance philosophy (a menue already rather rich by itself). You can find information on how our "regular" teachers think about reanisance thought by having a look at what they write about our "regular" courses.
We (Prof. Dr. Eckhard Keßler, Dr. Heinrich C. Kuhn, Mrs Helga Pirner-Pareschi)'ll try to answer an questions you might have …..
[Homepage of our institution]
Author: Dr. Heinrich C. Kuhn
Document created: 2002-03-18
Last update: 2003-01-21