Gastvortrag Francesco Borghesi am 29. April 2003:
The two Pico della Mirandola: Giovanni and Giovan Francesco
Das Seminar für Geistesgeschichte und Philosophie der Renaissance beehrt sich, zu folgendem Vortrag mit anschließender Diskussion einzuladen:
- Dienstag, 29. April 2003, 19h c.t.
- Ludwigstr. 31/IV, Raum 406
- Francesco Borghesi, Brown University (Providence, USA)
- The two Pico della Mirandola: Giovanni and Giovan Francesco
- Zum Thema
- Giovan Francesco Pico della Mirandola was the nephew of the famous philosopher Giovanni Pico della Mirandola (1463-1494), author of the Oratio de hominis dignitate. A philosopher himself, Giovan Francesco often praised his uncle's attainments and several times defended his philosophy from the criticism of his opponents. Furthermore, he was the editor, in 1496, of Giovanni's works, somehow proposing himself as the continuator of his uncle's philosophy. On the other hand, Giovan Francesco's philosophical position seems to be very far from the program of reconciliation (concordia) among the different philosophies and religions developed by Giovanni. This talk will address the problems raised by the relations between uncle and nephew.
Kontakt: Sekretariat des Seminars
Dokument erstellt: 2003-04-14
Dokument geändert: 2003-04-14
Redaktion: Dr. Heinrich C. Kuhn