Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Web4Ren Forum (W4RF): Many sorts of information of potential relevance to those interested in Renaissance Intellectual History
14.12.2017 at 20:03:58
News: 2017-09-11: Back to normal.
Not exactly news: You are cordially invited to read, to register (if you've not already done so), to post ... .

Pages: 1
Teaching in times of crisis (Read 3720 times)
hck
ModeratorAndAdmin

Teaching in times of crisis
10.10.2008 at 08:15:36

While I myself feel yet completely unaffected (and hopefully will remain unaffected unless at some later time the flow of taxes to Bavarian state coffers will decline to an extend that will mean less money for us here to spend on books, paper, teaching adjuncts, pencils, IT equipment and the like) in some other places this seems not to be the case: have a look at Flavia's 2008-09-30 posting to "Ferule & Fescue": How do you teach when the world is ending? and the comments to that posting, Simplicius's 2008-10-09 posting to "Blogging the Renaissance": Off topic, but ... .

for contact information etc. concerning hck (Heinrich C. Kuhn): see http://www.phil-hum-ren.uni-muenchen.de/php/Kuhn/
Email   IP Logged
hck
ModeratorAndAdmin

Re: Teaching in times of crisis
Reply #1 - 10.10.2008 at 11:46:27

I just found out that there's quite a number of web resources and other publications dedicated to "Teaching in times of crisis"  Smiley .

I confess I'm a bit surprised. Don't we always teach in a time of crisis? Is there, was there any time which was not (at least in some respects) a time of crisis?

Anyway: There's the Vanderbilt advice, which includes the following golden precept: "Adapt your syllabus for the week following the crisis to accommodate a reduced workload." Smiley

On the other hand: much of what I found was written in reaction to 2001-09-11 and/or local tragedies, not comparable to mere stock exchange and banking crisis.

Up to now I'd consider the present crisis to fall into the category "usual crisis/crisis as usual".

for contact information etc. concerning hck (Heinrich C. Kuhn): see http://www.phil-hum-ren.uni-muenchen.de/php/Kuhn/
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1