Heinrich C. Kuhn as an editor in the virtual realm
Heinrich C. Kuhn (
- since 2009 (probably July): microblogging (as
@hckGGREN) on twitter: Renaissance intellectual history and philosophy, and more
- since 2007 (March):Creator, main moderator/administrator and up to now also main author of Web4Ren Forum (W4RF): Many sorts of information of potential relevance to those interested in Renaissance Intellectual History
- since 2006 (August/September) Editor and main author (under the nome de plume of "a_waffling") of the Harry-Potter-related weblog "Theoria magiae non est magia mere theoretica" (a name and a title choosen out of deep reverence for J. K. Rowling's gift of invention: her combination of the author's name Waffling — which for me sounds nicely like "baffling", in addition to the meanings given in the OED … — and title — Magical theory — IMO is one of the finest ones found by her for books we learn about in her books.) Nota bene: in February 2011 I switched the focus of that blog, and now I continue it with (German language) observations, remarks, comments, musings etc. in German on university politics, philosophy as a job, political philosophy, the weather, books, whatever: something between a salad and a mishmash. Keeping in mind that doing philosophy and not doing philosophy is doing philosophy.
- since 2004 (November) Co-author and co-editor of the weblog "quatsch. - Wer bin ich? Und wenn ja: wieviele? Philosophisches, tageweise."
- since 2001 (February): Owner and Listmaster of
600bis1600 (eMail-list for the members of LMU's "Projektforum Mittelalter")
- 2001 (January) to 2005 (April/June): Editor of PERFORM reviews on renaissance intellectual history and renaissance philosophy, i.e.: Renaissance intellectual history and renaissance philosophy editor of SFN's PERFORM Reviews on Early Modern history (at some pint between 2001 and 2005 merged with "sehepunkte. - Rezensionsjournal für die Geschichtswissenschaften".
- since 1999 (September): Owner and Listmaster of Web4Ren (eMail-list about Internet ressources concerning renaissance topics)
- since 1999 (February): Master and author of: GGRENir: Internetography on Renaissance intellectual history
- since 1998 (October): Editor of Fast Reviews of Books in Renaissance Intellectual History
- since 1998 (September): "Collecting editor" of List of CFPs in Renaissance Intellectual History
- since 1998 (September): Webmaster of Seminar für Geistesgeschichte und Philosophie der Renaissance
- 1995 (May) to 1998 (February): Webmaster for what there was up to February 1998 as WWW-service of the central administrative unit ("Generalverwaltung") of Max-Planck-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Wissenschaften. (For information concerning library and scholarly information services of Max-Planck-Gesellschaft: responsibility continued to July 1998.)
- 1993 (November) to 1998 (July): Owner and moderator of
minerva-liest (eMail list for the exchange of information of relecance for libraries and information retrieval services units of Max-Planck-Gesellschaft)